Finding a competent auto technician need not be a matter of chance. Much of the guesswork has been eliminated, thanks to national program conducted by the non-profit National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). Here are some tips on how to choose a reputable automotive repair shop.
ASE tests and certifies automotive professionals in all major technical areas of repair and service.
Certification Benefits Motorists
ASE certifies the technical competence of individual technicians, not repair facilities. Shop owners and managers who encourage their employees to become certified can be counted on to be concerned about the other aspects of their business.
How Certification Works
Technicians who pass at least one exam and fulfill the two-year work experience requirement become ASE-certified.
ASE requires technicians to re-test every five years to keep up with technology and to remain certified. All ASE credentials have expiration dates.
Micro Import Automotive Service employs technicians that are certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). Our technicians are trained to service and repair Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Scion cars, Subura, Jeep, Mazda, Chevy, Ford, Mitsubishi, trucks and hybrids ensuring you a high level of competency for your vehicle’s maintenance and repairs.
Here are the top reasons for ASE certification and how our customers benefit from this designation.
- ASE’s certification serves as an impartial, third-party endorsement of our technicians’ knowledge and experience on a national basis.
- Certification demonstrates our commitment to the automotive service and repair profession to perform to set standards.
- ASE’s certification program seeks to grow, promote and develop certified professionals, who can stand “out in front” as examples of excellence in the automotive service and repair industry.
- ASE certification is a reflection of personal achievement because the individual has displayed excellence in his or her field by meeting standards and requirements established by the entire automotive industry.
- ASE certification clearly identifies our technicians as professionals who have demonstrated competency in specific technical specialty areas based on accepted industry standards.
- Certification improves skills and knowledge. Typically, achieving ASE certification requires training, study and “keeping up” with changing technology. ASE certification showcases individual competencies by confirming proficiency and knowledge.
Call Us or click on appointments to schedule an appointment.